Enjoy countryside views and access to a wide range of local amenities.
Ranging from three to five bedrooms, this mix of detached and semi-detached homes will give residents the chance to enjoy views across the local countryside and access to a wide range of local amenities including a nearby primary school.
22 spacious and sensitively designed new homes in this stunning village set on the eastern edge of the city of York.
Offering beautiful views across peaceful countryside, The Paddocks presents an increasingly rare opportunity: high-specification new homes in a picturesque rural setting, all just a short drive from York city centre.
The development will offer a selection of three, four and five-bedroomed homes, each boasting a superb standard of finish both inside and out. Clever design makes excellent use of each property’s already generous space, particularly in the ground floor layouts which offer light and airy family rooms. The Paddocks’ distinct layout – extending the established street scene of Melbourne village – means that every property enjoys spacious boundaries and a superb degree of privacy.
Each home also comes with the opportunity to purchase an additional plot of land at the rear, allowing interested parties to greatly extend an already generous garden at an affordable price.
- Entrance hallways with wood flooring throughout
- Deep skirting boards and architraves finished in Farrow & Ball Old White eggshell paint or similar
- Internal doors painted in Farrow & Ball Old White with vertical grooved/panelled effect with high quality polished chrome ironmongery
- Living room with inglenook style fireplace and wood burning stoves to Class 1 Chimneys where applicable to house type
- Ceilings to all areas smooth plastered and painted matte white
- Kitchens from a customer-optional range of units (subject to stage of build programme)
- Kitchen work surfaces from an optional range (subject to stage of build programme)
- Integrated dishwasher, fridge/freezer
- Freestanding gas range cookers or integrated eye-level cookers with extractor fan (subject to house type)
- Plumbing to utility rooms (where applicable) for customers’ own washing machine
- Kitchen/dining area floors finished in oak flooring (or alternative)
- Halogen flush spot lights to kitchen ceilings
- Under wall unit lighting to kitchen work surface areas
- Splashback areas to kitchen work surfaces in matching upstands
- Staircase spindles and newels painted in Old White and handrails finished with solid oak
- Bathrooms to all areas and cloakrooms finished with Ideal Standard Contemporary White sanitaryware throughout (with chrome fittings)
- Shower cubicles fully glazed in clear glass with mains pressure showers or handsets (where over bath)
- Bathroom/en suite wall tiling to half-height and full-height over showers from a select range
- Centrally heated chrome towel rails to bathrooms and en suites
- Mains gas central heating throughout with wall-hung slimline radiators
- Zone-controlled thermostat heating on all floors
- All walls decorated in Estate matte emulsion from Farrow & Ball (colour palette TBC)
- All ceilings decorated in white emulsion
- Pre-wired satellite connections to living room and other TV points as provided
- NACOSS home intruder alarm system
- Smoke alarms on all floors
- Flush-fitting power sockets and switches throughout
- All garages include power and lighting
- 10-year structural defects warranty underwritten by independent insurers
- ‘Silent’ timber floor construction to all upper floors using metal web joists to reduce noise
- Solid concrete ground floors with high performance insulation
- Cavity/loft space insulation to current building regulation energy performance standards
Melbourne is an attractive village within close proximity of York, Market Weighton and Pocklington. A bus service runs to York city centre, while the A1079 offers quick access to the A64 and beyond. For families, the village boasts a well-regarded three-star primary school, and many highly rated secondary schools can be found in the surrounding area. Melbourne residents enjoy a strong sense of community, with cricket, football and bowling clubs all present, as well as boat trips that run through nearby canals departing from the much-loved local pub.
Leaving York on the Hull Road (A1079), at the Grimston Bar roundabout take the third exit and immediately follow signs for Elvington on the B1228. Travel through both Elvington and its neighbouring village, Sutton Upon Derwent and continue right through into and out of Melbourne village where The Paddocks development will be seen on the right.